As a maintenance manager, you are in charge of making sure that everything is running as smoothly as possible—but that’s not always an easy job. Although a good CMMS system can help ensure everything is functioning as it should, here are a few other tips for keeping everything online.
- First of all, apply Standard Operating Procedures as often as you can. They can help to submit, track, and process work orders, schedule maintenance, order parts, and much more.
- Standardize your data formats so that numbers, abbreviations, and nomenclature are consistent.
- Use the CMMS to track and manage your inventory.
- Use as many of the features of your CMMS program as possible to help optimize your work.
- Finally, have your software audited. An evaluation of your system can help you determine how to make it even better.