Unscheduled downtime is a serious problem for many large organizations; it can lead to reduced uptime, reduced productivity, and reduced profits. But how should a company go about preventing asset failures and unplanned downtime? Here are a few of the top tips.
- First of all, it’s important to track downtime carefully. This helps maintenance staff know what is most likely to fail, when it tends to fail, and why.
- Next, make sure that employees are given proper training. User error is a major cause of downtime.
- Encourage employees to give input. After all, they are the closest to the equipment itself
- Implement a regular maintenance schedule to prevent unexpected failures.
- Outsource your parts delivery and shipment service. This will help make it more reliable.
- Continue to evaluate your maintenance program. Although following these steps can help improve your strategy, there are always ways to make it better.